JCHS National English Honor SocietyThe National English Honor Society is intended for students who merit special recognition for theirachievements in English/Language Arts.Current Members:
Service Hours Opportunities:
- You can only miss two meetings for the entire year. Missing more can result in having membership withdrawn. Not sure of your status? Email Mrs. Skavdahl.
- NEHS dues and signed forms are due by the end of the day on Friday, November 9th to Mrs. Skavdahl in Room 2606.
- If you have emailed Mrs. Skavdahl indicating that you would like to run for an officer position, please be prepared to deliver a short speech (1-2 minutes) at our first meeting. Elections will be held immediately after speeches.
- All members should join our NEHS Remind. Remind will be the primary mode of communication regarding meetings and other pertinent information.
Considering applying for NEHS? If so, keep in the mind the NEHS requirements to apply:
- You can bring Mrs. Skavdahl (2606) three or more books for donation to the Gum Spring Library. All you need to do is drop them off! 3 books = 1 service hour (limit one per quarter)
- You can donate an English curriculum title to the JCHS English Department. Not sure of the titles needed? Speak with Mrs. Skavdahl. 1 book = 1 service hour (limit one per quarter)
- You earn one hour point per meeting you attend.
- You earn one hour point for visiting the JCHS Writing Center (limit one hour per quarter).
- Record hours using tinyurl.com/JCHSNEHSHourLog.
- currently a junior or senior at JCHS
- currently enrolled in English at JCHS
- overall GPA is currently 3.0 or higher
- transcript reflects a 90% semester GPA in English
- willingness to participate in English-related activities
- no honor code infractions
- have spent at least two consecutive semesters in English classes at JCHS
Please contact Mrs. Skavdahl (2606) with any questions.
- Applications open: Monday, September 17th
- Applications due: Friday, September 28th
- Applicants notified of status: Tuesday,October 23rd in English classes
- First meeting: Thursday, December 13th in Room 2312