JCHS National English Honor SocietyThe National English Honor Society is intended for students who merit special recognition for theirachievements in English/Language Arts.Considering applying for NEHS? If so, keep in the mind the NEHS requirements to apply:
- currently a junior or senior at JCHS
- currently enrolled in English at JCHS
- overall GPA is currently 3.0 or higher
- transcript reflects a 90% semester GPA in English
- willingness to participate in English-related activities
- no honor code infractions
- have spent at least two consecutive semesters in English classes at JCHS
Service Hours Opportunities:
- You can only miss two meetings for the entire year. Missing more can result in having membership withdrawn.
- If you have emailed Mrs. Lima or Mrs. Skavdahl indicating that you would like to run for an officer position, please be prepared to deliver a short speech (1-2 minutes) at our first meeting. Elections will be held immediately after speeches.
- All members should join our NEHS Remind (the join code will be available at our first meeting). Remind will be the primary mode of communication regarding meetings and other pertinent information.
- You can donate three or more books for donation to the Gum Spring Library. All you need to do is drop them off! 3 books = 1 service hour (limit one per quarter)
- You can donate an English curriculum title to the JCHS English Department. Not sure of the titles needed? Speak with Mrs. Lima or Mrs. Skavdahl. 1 book = 1 service hour (limit one per quarter)
- You earn one hour point per meeting you attend.
- You earn one hour point for visiting the JCHS Writing Center (limit one hour per quarter).
Please contact Mrs. Lima (2600) or Mrs. Skavdahl (2606) with any questions.
- Applications open: Monday, October 21st
- Applications due: Friday, November 1st
- First meeting: date/location TBD