What Is SPECTRUM?
SPECTRUM provides services for identified students in grades 6-8. SPECTRUM is scheduled for a half block on a rotating day basis. The program is designed to meet the needs of gifted learners with an emphasis on higher level thinking skills, problem solving, and decision making. The program provides students with opportunities for self-assessment and reflection on the demands and responsibilities of the gifted learner.
LCPS Gifted Education Programs and Services for SPECTRUM:
In the LCPS Gifted Education Program, gifted students have the opportunity to achieve district goals at the level commensurate with their talent. Students are also challenged to apply their knowledge and skills in complex and advanced ways so that they can continue to develop academically.
- Critical & Creative Thinking Skills
- Social & Emotional Growth
LCPS Gifted Education Programs Goals:
- To become divergent creative thinkers who recognize problems and solve them.
- To construct personal meaning and understanding of others and of the world around them.
- To develop the capacity for self-assessment (ownership of the learning).
For more information on the Loudoun County Gifted Programs and the Eligibility Process, please visit:You may contact Ms. Bowen or Ms. Hess by clicking on the email link below.
Jayne Bowen, Spectrum 6 & 7 emailHeather Hess, Spectrum 6, 7, 8 email