COVID-19 UPDATES FOR MS. OTTENBERG'S CLASS
On March 23, 2020, Governor Northam announced all public schools in Virginia would remain closed through the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. Instruction will still continue, but in a virtual setting.
Here are important updates for my class, Dual Enrollment Government:
- ALL assignments, lectures, and materials will be posted on Google Classroom
- My class will meet synchronously on Wednesdays (see schedule below). They are OPTIONAL. The code to join our Google Meet Synchronous class can be found on Google Classroom, on the home page. A link to join will appear approximately 5 minutes before class starts.
- All synchronous sessions will be recorded and posted on Google classrooom under the topic for that week.
- I will email ALL parents and students every Sunday evening. Emails are sent to LCPS student emails and the emails for parents on file in ParentVue. Please make sure you are checking your email daily!
- Because this is a DE class, you still will receive a NOVA grade of Pass/Fail (unless you opt for a letter grade with NOVA by June 9) and an LCPS grade. Please visit the LCPS Continuity of Education page for details on how final grades will be calculated. The fourt quarter cannot hurt your LCPS grade, but if you complete all assignments in a timely fashion and do well on them, you have the opportunity to boost your final grade. Details are TBD.
- Synchronous learning sessions will meet every Wednesday (except May 13 and May 20) at the following times. Please attend YOUR class period:
11:30 - 12:00 Block 4
12:45 - 1:15 Block 5
1:30 - 2:00 Block 6
2:15 - 2:45 Block 7
3:45-4:15 Block 1 (meeting during open session)