- Create personal account on www.ged.com, remember username and password, navigate through Dashboard and complete Tour Test under Study Tools.
- Complete Online Econ/Personal Finance Course, if needed.
- Participate in Workplace Readiness Skills activities and review for WRS practice test. Official WRS Test must be passed with a 75% or higher to take GED!
- Participate in group subject review and complete Test Prep book and online reviews and videos for any subject with a GED Ready score lower than 145.
- Complete all 4 GED Ready Tests with a passing score of 145 or higher in order to be unlocked to register for Official GED Testing. Submit a copy of all GED Ready passing scores to Mr. Trevathan, along with a copy of your passing WRS Test and Econ/Pers Finance Course grade to Mr. Trevathan to be unlocked and register to test.
- Once unlocked, you will meet with Mr. Trevathan to access your account on the ged website to register for Official GED Testing. You are to ensure all personal information is correct for you to obtain your GED in your name, select an official testing site and date/time for all 4 subject tests, and ensure you have reliable transportation to and from the testing site. There are no refunds for missing a scheduled test or arriving without your ID. Inform the teacher of your testing dates/times.
- Continue to come to school to continue to review for testing and complete career/employment activities with your counselor. You are not expected to be at school on a scheduled test day, but you must notify your teacher of the dates/times for attendance purposes.
- Be on time for the tests and have a valid state-issued photo ID in order to enter the testing site.
- Participate in the ISAEP two-step exit process by meeting with Mr. Trevathan and your counselor to submit ALL passing scores.
for extended practice time needed for testing
- Research all additional resources available for improving scores in all subjects at www.ged.com under Study Tools and through www.gedtestingservice.com.
- Complete practice tests at www.gedpracticequestions.comfor review of answers and explanations to learn skills needing improvement.
- Complete test preparation on 4tests.com and use the explanations to help you learn and review specific content material.
- Complete GED book review of answers and explanations in content areas of weakness as provided by your personal print out of your GED Ready score and prescription of how to improve your score.
- Compile all work, providing documentation of all work and review completed in order to take another GED READY TEST!
- Complete GED Ready Tests with a passing score of 145 or higher. Submit a copy of all GED Ready passing scores to Mr. Trevathan in order to register to take a retest ($10).
- Meet with Mr. Trevathan to access your account on the ged website to register for Official GED Testing, ensure all personal information is correct for you to obtain your GED in your name, select an official testing site and date/time for the specific re-tests needed. Inform the teacher of your testing dates/times. Be on time for the tests and have a valid state-issued photo ID in order to enter the testing site.
- Continue to come to school for review and test preparation, except on your scheduled testing date(s).
- After passing all tests of the GED, complete the ISAEP two-step exit process by meeting with Mr. Trevathan and your counselor to submit ALL passing scores.
GED READY - PRACTICE TESTING
OFFICIAL GED TESTING
- Registration for GED READY
- Submit subject practice
- Valid Photo ID
- Must score 145+ to take official test
- Registration required
- $30 EACH test (credit card/debit card only)
- $10 RETEST
- Seating is limited
- Must present valid photo ID to enter site
- $10 (credit card only) for any retests!
- YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ISAEP TWO-STEP EXIT PROCESS WITH MR. TREVATHAN AND MRS. WOODWARD AND PROVIDE A COPY OF ALL 4 PASSING SCORES IN ORDER TO BE RELEASED FROM LCPS AND OBTAIN YOUR CERTIFICATE.