Degrees and Certifications:
Miss Lynel Seigh
I am excited to be part of the Wolf Pack for our eighth year at Trailside. Our latest adventure begins soon, and I can’t wait! It is a privilege to be part of this journey and am looking forward to new joys, opportunities, excitement, and experiences with our newest Timber Wolves.
I am beginning my twenty-second year in education, and what an amazing journey it has been. I began my teaching career in fifth grade, was a technology coach at the middle school level for five years, and have inspired and ignited a love of science with sixth-grade students for the last eleven years. Below is part of my educational philosophy and my wish for this upcoming year:
I wish for…
· my classroom to be like the world: always in motion, always discovering new things
· every learner to feel a part of our community
· learning to come from experiences, not just from pages in books
· a child’s gifts and struggles to be recognized and appreciated
· creativity to be a habit shared with everyone
· mistakes to be viewed as opportunities
· a learning environment where we collaborate and learn from each other
· thinking, laughter, and questions to fill the air
· the freedom for learners to explore, discover, and develop their own passions and interests
· my students to know that I am still a learner, too
I grew up in western Pennsylvania, graduated with an Elementary Education degree from the University of Pittsburgh, obtained my Master's degree in Education with an Instructional Technology focus from Troy University, and am looking to continue my education in the next few years. In my spare time, I enjoy being adventurous outside, traveling to new places, adding stamps to my passport, enjoying time with family and friends, reading a good book, and cheering on Pittsburgh sports teams, especially the Pittsburgh Penguins.
I am looking forward to meeting our new Timber Wolf pack very soon.