Degrees and Certifications:
Miss Lynel Seigh
I am excited to be part of the Wolf Pack for our fifth year at Trailside. Our latest adventure begins soon, and I can’t wait! It is a privilege to be part of this journey and am looking forward to new joys, opportunities, excitement, and experiences with our newest Timber Wolves.
I have eighteen years experience in education. I began my teaching career in fifth grade, was a technology coach at the middle school level for five years, and have inspired and ignited a love of science with sixth grade students for the last nine years. Below is part of my educational philosophy and my wish for this upcoming year:
I wish for…
· my classroom to be like the world: always in motion, always discovering new things
· every learner to feel a part of our community
· learning to come from experiences, not just from pages in books
· a child’s gifts and struggles to be recognized and appreciated
· creativity to be a habit shared with everyone
· mistakes to be viewed as opportunities
· a learning environment where we collaborate and learn from each other
· thinking, laughter, and questions to fill the air
· the freedom for learners to explore, discover, and develop their own passions and interests
· my students to know that I am still a learner, too
I grew up in western Pennsylvania, graduated with an Elementary Education degree from the University of Pittsburgh, obtained my Masters degree in Education with a focus in Instructional Technology from Troy University, and am looking to continue my education in the next few years. In my spare time I enjoy being adventurous outside, traveling to new places, adding stamps to my passport, enjoying time with family and friends, coaching volleyball, reading a good book, and cheering on Pittsburgh sports teams, especially the Pittsburgh Penguins.
I am looking forward to meeting our new Timber Wolf pack very soon.