Special Education Advisory Committee
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) works with the School Board, administrators, parents and teachers who are responsible for students receiving special education services.
When Are Meetings?
SEAC meets monthly during the school year on the third Tuesday of each month from 7 to 9 p.m. Meetings are held in Room 102 at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 2100 Education Court, Ashburn. There is a presentation at each meeting of interest to parents, staff, and educators. Please check the website at www.lcps.org, click “parents”, then select Special Education Advisory Committee to view the current meeting and presentation schedule.
This year’s meeting dates are:
- September 17, 2013
- October 15, 2013
- November 19, 2013
- December 17, 2013
- January 21, 2014
- February 18, 2014
- March 18, 2014
- April 22, 2014
- May 20, 2014
Who May Attend Meetings?
All meetings are open to the public. SEAC welcomes anyone interested in special education. There is a designated time for public comment during the meeting. This is an opportunity to share successful educational experiences and express general concerns regarding educational issues for students with disabilities.
What SEAC Does:
* Advise LCPS of the needs of students with disabilities;
* Assist LCPS in the development of long-range plans, which will provide needed services for children with disabilities;
* Submit reports and recommendations regarding the education of students with disabilities to the School Board; and
* Review annually the LCPS updated special education plan and application for federal funding.
How We Do It:
* Informative presentations for parents and educators at the monthly meetings;
* Provide helpful and timely information via the SEAC website and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/loudounseac). The web page is located at www.lcps.org, click “Parents”, then select Special Education Advisory Committee.
* Recognition for Excellence in Supporting Special Education Awards Program. This year’s award ceremony will be held on May 15, 2014;
* Invites each school to appoint a SEAC representative.
* Host a bi-annual Town Hall Meeting to receive input from parents and caregivers, which assists SEAC to assess the needs of LCPS students with disabilities. The next Town Hall will be held in the Spring of 2015.
J. Michael Lunsford SEAC Representatives
Tracy Dumais and Lisa Glasgow
Tracy and Lisa will provide monthly updates in the PTA newsletter alerting you to events and activities of special interest to the JML disability community. Additionally, JML hosts quarterly parent coffees on valuable topics for parents of students with IEPs, 504s, and/or in the Child Study process.2013-2014 SEAC Board Members
The content of the links provided on this website are not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked home page content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of the webmaster. Remember that the outside source web page may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.
- Lisa Glasgow, Chair, email@example.com
- Jodi Folta, Past Chair and Vice Chair, Planning, firstname.lastname@example.org
- April Redmon, Vice Chair, Membership, email@example.com
- Amy DiBari, Vice Chair, Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Megan Wagner, Secretary, Megan.email@example.com
- Jill Turgeon, Vice Chair, LCPS School Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Kearney, LCPS Director of Special Education, email@example.com