Special Education Advisory Committee
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) works with the School Board, administrators, parents and teachers who are responsible for students receiving special education services.
When Are Meetings?
SEAC meets monthly during the school year on the first Wednesday of each month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meetings are held at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 2100 Education Court, Ashburn. There is a presentation at each meeting of interest to parents, staff, and educators. Please check the website at www.lcps.org/seac.
This year’s meeting dates are:
- Meeting Program and Schedule
Who May Attend Meetings?
All meetings are open to the public. SEAC welcomes anyone interested in special education. There is a designated time for public comment during the meeting. This is an opportunity to share successful educational experiences and express general concerns regarding educational issues for students with disabilities.
What SEAC Does:
* Advise LCPS of the needs of students with disabilities;
* Assist LCPS in the development of long-range plans, which will provide needed services for children with disabilities;
* Submit reports and recommendations regarding the education of students with disabilities to the School Board; and
* Review annually the LCPS updated special education plan and application for federal funding.
How We Do It:
* Informative presentations for parents and educators at the monthly meetings;
* Recognition for Excellence in Supporting Special Education Awards Program. This year’s award ceremony will be held on May 15, 2018;
* Invites each school to appoint a SEAC representative.
* Host a bi-annual Town Hall Meeting to receive input from parents and caregivers, which assists SEAC to assess the needs of LCPS students with disabilities.SEAC Board Members
Chairperson Sharon Tropf SEACChair@lcps.org Vice Chair, Communications Craig Metz SEACViceChairCommunications@lcps.org Vice Chair, Planning Shehnaz Khan SEACViceChairPlanning@lcps.org Vice Chair, Membership Heidi Bunkua SEACViceChairMembership@lcps.org Immediate Past Chair Dr. Carol Williams-Nickelson SEACPastChair@lcps.org Secretary Alison MacArthur SEACSecretary@lcps.org School Board Chris Croll Chris.Croll@lcps.org LCPS Staff LCPS Staff Dr. Patricia D. Nelson Director of Special Education Patricia.D.Nelson@lcps.org
Voting Members Billie Jo Bevan Deana Czaban Nancy deLlanas Lorraine Hightower Jeannine Pepper Veena SajjanThe content of the links provided on this website are not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked home page content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of the webmaster. Remember that the outside source web page may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.