Attention StingRay Parents:
· In Middle School, this program is called SPECTRUM.
· If a student was in the Futura program in 5th grade at LCPS, they are automatically enrolled in Spectrum for 6th grade.
· If a student was found eligible for gifted services in another county in Virginia or another state, they still need to complete the LCPS Gifted eligibility process.
· A Parent/Guardian Referral Form can be obtained from the LCPS website: Click Academics, then Gifted Services; scroll to the bottom of the page on the website. Print, complete the form, and submit to the Main Office for Heather Jackson, the Gifted Resource Teacher.
· The LCPS county-wide Fall deadline for parent/guardian referrals is Friday, October 5, 2018.
· SHMS Gifted Resource (Spectrum) Teachers:
Heather Jackson & Lyndria Bland
· Any students who have been attending LCPS or students new to LCPS MUST go through the same eligibility evaluation process.
· The eligibility process ususally takes the entire 1st semester to complete. Students who are found eligible, will begin Spectrum in the spring semester.
· Parents are invited to the Gifted Information Night (TBD) in the LCPS Adminstration Building for information about the eligibility process.Click here to view the Gifted Information Night Presentation with information about the Gifted Eligibility Process