Attention StingRay Parents:
· In Middle School, this program is called SPECTRUM.
· If a student was in the Futura program in 5th grade at LCPS, they are automatically enrolled in Spectrum for 6th grade.
· If a student was found eligible for gifted services in another county in Virginia or another state, they still need to complete the LCPS Gifted eligibility process.
· A Parent/Guardian Referral Form can be obtained from the LCPS website: Click Academics, then Gifted Services; scroll to the bottom of the page on the website. Print, complete the form, and submit to the Main Office for Heather Jackson, the Gifted Resource Teacher.
· The LCPS county-wide Fall deadline for parent/guardian referrals is October 4th and Spring Deadline is February 7th.
· SHMS Gifted Resource (Spectrum) Teachers:
Heather Jackson & Lyndria Bland
· Any students who have been attending LCPS or students new to LCPS MUST go through the same eligibility evaluation process.
· The eligibility process ususally takes the entire 1st semester to complete. Students who are found eligible in the Fall, will begin Spectrum in the spring semester.
· Parents are invited to the Gifted Information NightWednesday, September 11Monday, September 16Wednesday, September 18All sessions will be in room 100A at Admin. Building. The doors open at 6:30 pm. The session will be from 7-8:00 pm.
in the LCPS Adminstration Building for information about the eligibility process.Parent Referral Form-copy and paste into your browserhttps://www.lcps.org/cms/lib/VA01000195/Centricity/Domain/49/Gifted%20Referral%20Form%202.16%20PDF.pdf