Vince ScheivertAssistant SuperintendentNeed Technical Assistance?Service Desk (571) 252-2112Administrative Office (571) 252-2135Fax (703) 779-8996Who we areThe Department of Digital Innovation (DDI) is comprised of three offices:
- Technology Acquisitions: Responsible for processing, tracking, and reporting on technology purchases within DDI. Assists schools and departments with technology related purchases and is accountable for technology acquisition and asset recovery.
- Digital Experience: Responsible for providing the hardware and software support required to maintain a robust digital learning environment and is accountable for maintaining an accurate inventory of technology for each district location. This team provides technology repairs, troubleshooting, and consultative services to schools and departments through a decentralized support staff.
Infrastructure and Engineering
- Data Science and Digital Solutions: Responsible for development, testing, support of internal and purchased applications, and database management.
- Enterprise Support and Analytics: Responsible for the Phoenix student information system, enterprise application support, data management, and state and federal reporting.
- Information Security: Responsible for protecting information assets and ensuring a safe and secure computing environment for the students, faculty, and staff.
- Records Management: Responsible for implementing student records retention practices throughout the district; fulfillment of alumni transcripts; permanently archiving student records in accordance with Virginia requirements.
- Communications Engineering: Responsible for effective transmission of secure data and services.
- Data Center Operations: Responsible for support of core enterprise systems and infrastructure.
- Endpoint Management: Responsible for software deployment, testing and workstation image development.
- Technology Support Center: Responsible for centralized and decentralized service desk support for user hardware and software, overseeing the service desk functions and providing a single point of contact for LCPS technology support.
This department provides leadership for developing and implementing digital innovation initiatives for meaningful, effective and secure uses of technology throughout the division. The Department of Digital Innovation contributes to the infusion of digital innovation into teaching and learning, as well as the operations of the division, by providing leadership and support in all areas of digital innovation planning and technology resource management.Forms and PublicationsStrong Passwords Overview
Last Modified on January 25, 2019