Dr. Rich Contartesi
Need Technical Assistance?
Service Desk (571) 252-2112
Administrative Office (571) 252-2135
Fax (703) 779-8996
Who we are
The Department of Technology Services (DTS) is comprised of three offices:Technology Operations and Support
Technology Systems and Applications
- Technology Operations: Responsible for direction, process, and operational business support.
- Technology Support: Responsible for decentralized user, hardware and software support, connectivity troubleshooting and image and software deployments.
- Service Desk: Responsible for centralized and decentralized service desk support for user hardware and software, overseeing the service desk functions and providing a single point of contact for LCPS technology support.
- Audio Visual: Responsible for providing support, maintenance, and repair of school intercom systems, public address systems and all audio visual equipment.
Information Management and Data Security
- Technology Systems & Infrastructure: Responsible for support of core enterprise systems and infrastructure to ensure effective transmission of secure data and services.
- Applications & Development: Responsible for development, testing, support of internal and purchased applications, software deployment and workstation image development.
- Information Management: Responsible for the Phoenix student information system, enterprise application support, data management, and state and federal reporting.
- Information Security: Responsible for protecting information assets and ensuring a safe and secure computing environment for the students, faculty, and staff.
- Records Management: Responsible for implementing student records retention practices throughout the district; fulfillment of alumni transcripts; permanently archiving student records in accordance with Virginia requirements.
This department oversees the purchase, implementation, licensing, maintenance, security, and support of the school division’s technology infrastructure. This infrastructure includes desktops, laptops, printers, audio visual devices, video conferencing, intercoms, interactive white boards, scanners, servers, software and contractual services that support students, teachers, parents and staff. This department supports the Microsoft Server and Office 365 environment, instructional and business software, internet content filtering, the Phoenix student information system; student records archival services, e-mail, data backup, technology management tools, application hosting and maintenance.
Forms and Publications
Department of Technology Services Guide