The purpose of Mu Alpha Theta is to:
· Provide an appropriate method of recognizing the mathematical achievements of our members
· Strengthen our school’s mathematics program
· Help our members reach their full potential
· Motivate and recognize our members’ mathematical and personal achievements
· Encourage our members to work together toward the same goal
· Inspire and challenge our members
· Promote scholarship in, and enjoyment and understanding of, mathematics among our members.
Full members are high school students in grades 9 through 12, at the school where their permanent record resides, who have completed 5 semesters of high school math. Students must have at least a 3.0 grade point average in their mathematics courses to be eligible.
Members shall demonstrate ability to work with others and to conduct independent research, and shall possess qualities of industry, initiative, and reliability.
Members will tutor students in math before school on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday beginning at 8:15 in room L400 for a minimum of 2 hours per semester.
See Mrs. Adams or Ms. Linsley if you have questions.