What is a freethinker?
A person who advocates for open debate, scientific inquiry, and rational thinking. It is a person whose code of ethic and moral value are not derived from a belief in deities or other supernatural force.
Sponsors: Ms. Nicola Le
When: Every Wednesday; 4:00-5:00 pm
Where: Library Office
Who: Atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics, naturalists, Pastafarians, and other secular groups.
- Provide a stimulating, non-judgmental environment for students to discuss politics, race, gender, religion, and more.
- Promote understanding between the atheist and theist groups in the school.
- Organize, unite, educate, and serve students of diverse philosophies.
- Advocate the ideals of scientific and critical inquiry, democracy, secularism, and human-based ethics.
- Promote a future in which non-theistic students are respected voices in public discourse.
- End misunderstanding, bullying, and discrimination against non-theistic students.
- Embrace pluralism, open-debates, and separation of religion and state.
- Weekly discussions
- Sponsor speakers
- Collaborate with the Muslim club, Christian club, and other religious affiliations
- Share resources and literature
Note: This is a special interest group whose view is independent from that of Dominion High School, which is a neutral, public institution.