I am here Tuesdays, Wednesdays (9-4) and Thursdays (9-3) and my email is Gayle.Sheffield@lcps.org. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns.
We have created the Stone Bridge Pantry here at our school that serves our students/families and all neighboring schools. We will provide clothing, toiletry, grooming, cleaning, paper product and cosmetic items. All donations are Welcome!
WHAT IS A PARENT LIAISON?A Parent Liaison is a LCPS staff member, not a volunteer, who works to bridge the communication between school and home by helping parents get the information, help, and support they need to ensure their child's academic and social success in school. A Parent Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children. Confidentiality is always upheld!ROLE AND MISSION OF THE PARENT LIAISONCurrent research emphasizes the importance of parent involvement in promoting school success. At the same time, lack of participation among parents of socially and culturally diverse students is also well-documented. Today’s families constantly deal with stress that impacts students’ abilities to participate in academic and extra-curricular school activities. If schools are to do an effective job of educating their increasingly diverse populations of students, they must find ways to communicate and build more cooperative working relationships with parents.Parent Liaisons:Facilitate parent-school communication
The primary role of the Parent Liaison is to empower parents to become active participants in the education of their children. Targeted are those parents who:
- Facilitate community agency referrals
- Encourage parent involvement in the school
- Foster trust between parents and the educational community
- Foster higher academic achievement through collaboration with school personnel
- Need help in determining how best to help their children
- Are infrequent participants in school activities
- May need clarification of their role in the educational process
- Need assistance in making connections and accessing services
- Associate schools with past negative experiences