La Société Honoraire de Français: L'homme qui sait deux langues en vaut deux !
National French Honor Society Admission Requirements:
- Be enrolled in French 3 or above.
- Satisfactory completion of application, essays, and teacher recommendation.
- Cumulative 3.5 for Overall French Study
- Approval from all members of the JCHS World Languages Department.
Upon acceptance to NFHS, please submit as soon as possible:
- Payment of one-time dues ($25). Dues include graduation cord and NFHS certificate with your name. Checks should be payable to John Champe High School.
Any student who maintains their membership through their senior year will be allowed to wear the National French Honor Society cord at graduation.
National French Honor Society Membership Maintenance:
- Attendance of mandatory French Honor Society meetings.
- 10 hours per year of service (5 per semester) or scholarship to the French Dept. YOU are responsible to submit hours to your teacher at the end of each semester. Here are some possible service or scholarship opportunities.
- tutoring students in need.
- assisting with induction ceremony
- taking the National French exam (Le Grand Concours)
- assisting French teachers with classroom tasks
- submitting work for publication in AATF National Bulletin
- participation in National French Week activities in November
- promoting the language at the middle school level
- Continued enrollment in French through high school
- Enrollment in French 5/AP or another language after completion of French 4.
- Maintain at least a 3.0 average in French classes after being inducted.