IMPORTANT DATES:September 1 - 2: Juniors and Seniors with a GPA of 3.50, or higher, will be notified of their eligibility to apply for selection. Letters will be distributed during Titan Time.September 8: Students planning to apply for selection to NHS must return their eligibility letter to Mr. Chuba by 4:30 PM.SELECTION TIMELINE
- 1-2 September: Juniors & Seniors with a GPA of 3.50, or higher, will be notified of their eligibility to apply for selection.
- 8 September: Students planning to apply for selection must turn in their intent to apply to Mr. Chuba by 4:30 PM
- 8-24 September: students complete their applications and the faculty completes the candidate evaluation spreadsheet
- 24 September: all applications are due to Mr. Chuba by 4:30 PM
- 30 September: applications and the faculty evaluations summary are delivered to the Selection Committee
- 1-18 October: the Selection Committee reviews the applications and faculty evaluation summary
- 19-20 October: the Selection Committee meets
- 25-27 October: selection results are made known to the applicants
- 8 November: appeals are due to Dr. Brewer
- 11 November: NHS meeting for current members and selectees
- 15 November: Induction Ceremony
NEXT MEETINGOur next NHS meeting will be Thursday, September 9th at 8:30 AM in the auditorium.Bring something off the list of food items needed for our less fortunate Titans.VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES -all volunteer opportunities will be posted outside the Counseling Office
NHS TUTORING PROGRAM
NHS tutors can be requested by students, either in person or by sending an e-mail to Mr. Chuba. Tutors can also be requested by parents, counselors, and teachers for their students. Our tutoring program is NOT meant to be a long-term solution because our tutors are only required to volunteer for approximately 10 hours. If a long-term tutoring solution is needed, then please seek out a paid tutor.TUTORING AND SERVICE HOURS LOG FORMSRecord all of your tutoring and community service hours on the form used by Mr. West for the Community Service letter.
Last Modified on August 25, 2021