IMPORTANT DATES:September 30 - October 11: Faculty & staff evaluate NHS Candidates.October 11: NHS Candidate Application Packets are due to Mr. Chuba by 4:30 PM.
- 21 October – 1 November: selection committee evaluates faculty recommendations and Student Selection Packets.
- 4 – 5 November: NHS Faculty Selection Committee meets.
- 6 November: Dr. Brewer reviews the results of the NHS Faculty Selection Committee.
- 14 – 15 November: NHS candidates are notified of the results.
- 18 November: deadline for appeals.
- 21 November: Newly selected members meet at 8:30 AM in the Auditorium.
- 21 November at 7:30 PM: Induction Ceremony in the Auditorium.
Mr. Chuba will be available in the Media Center on these dates from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM to answer questions from anyone concerning NHS and the selection process:
- September 23 September 24
Mr. Chuba will be available to answer paperwork questions after school in Room 204 until 5:30 PM on the following dates:
- October 1 October 2
- October 3 October 4
- October 7 October 8
- October 9 October 10
NEXT MEETINGOur next NHS meeting will be Thursday, October 10th at 8:30 AM in the auditorium.Bring something off the list of food items needed for the Back-Pack buddies program.VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES -all volunteer opportunities have been posted outside the Counseling Office
NHS TUTORING PROGRAM
NHS tutors can be requested by students, either in person or by sending an e-mail to Mr. Chuba. Tutors can also be requested by parents, counselors, and teachers for their students. Our tutoring program is NOT meant to be a long-term solution because our tutors are only required to volunteer for approximately 10 hours. If a long-term tutoring solution is needed, then please seek out a paid tutor.TUTORING AND SERVICE HOURS LOG FORMSRecord all of your tutoring and community service hours on the form used by Mr. West for the Community Service letter.