IMPORTANT DATES:September 6 - 9: Juniors and Seniors with a GPA of 3.50, or higher, will be notified of their eligibility to apply for selection. Letters will be distributed during Titan Time.September 14: Students planning to apply for selection to NHS must return their eligibility letter to Mr. Chuba by 4:30 PM.CANDIDATE APPLICATION PACKETCandidates should complete this packet and then save it as either a Word or PDF file. Email the application to Mr. Chuba as an attachment. All applications will be saved in a file by Mr. Chuba so the Selection Committee can review them.SELECTION TIMELINE
- 6-9 September: Juniors & Seniors with a GPA of 3.50, or higher, will be notified of their eligibility to apply for selection.
- 14 September: Students planning to apply for selection must notify Mr. Chuba by 4:30 PM
- 19 September - 14 October: students complete their applications and the faculty completes the candidate evaluation spreadsheet
- 14 October: applications are due to Mr. Chuba by 4:30 PM
- 19 October: applications and the faculty evaluation summary are delivered to the Selection Committee
- 19-25 October: the Selection Committee reviews the applications and faculty evaluation summary
- 26-27 October: the Selection Committee meets
- 1-4 November: selection results are made known to the applicants
- 7 November: appeals are due to Dr. Brewer
- 10 November: NHS meeting for current members and selectees
- 28 November: Induction Ceremony Rehearsal at 9:00 AM
- 29 November: Induction Ceremony at 7:00 PM
NEXT MEETINGOur next NHS meeting will be Thursday, October 13th at 9:00 AM in the auditorium.Bring something off the list of food items needed for our less fortunate Titans.VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES -All volunteer opportunities will be posted outside the Counseling Office (once we obtain a bulletin board).
NHS TUTORING PROGRAM
NHS tutors can be requested by students, either in person or by sending an e-mail to Mr. Chuba. Tutors can also be requested by parents, counselors, and teachers for their students. Our tutoring program is NOT meant to be a long-term solution because our tutors are only required to volunteer for approximately 10 hours. If a long-term tutoring solution is needed, then please seek out a paid tutor.TUTORING AND SERVICE HOURS LOG FORMSRecord all of your tutoring and community service hours on the form used by Mr. West for the Community Service letter.
Last Modified on November 22, 2022