Welcome to theSteuart Weller Elementary SchoolPTO Website!
Like us on Facebook and stay connected!! (https://www.facebook.com/steuartwellerelementary)
The SWES PTO consists of parents, teachers, and administrators, all working together to provide our students with fun and exciting programs throughout the school year, creating memories that will last for a lifetime. This is the perfect way for you to get involved in your child’s education and elementary school experience.
Our PTO provides funds for teacher and administrative support, technology needs, field trips, cultural arts, assemblies, and classroom items for all students and much more! The PTO spends up to $38.00 per student per calendar year.
We have MANY FUN events planned this year! Please consider being a part of the SWES PTO this year. You can click on the link below and you will be directed to the online membership/donation form. Any contributions you make to the PTO are TAX DEDUCTIBLE!
We are constantly searching for creative ways to provide funding for our school activities. There are many ways through which community members can support our endeavors, including a direct donation using the form below.
The mission of the Steuart Weller PTO is to make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Why join the PTO?
As a member of the PTO, you have the opportunity to suggest, plan, organize and support educational and recreational activities, which provide great experiences for our children, as well as enhance our school. We hold monthly meetings throughout the school year and, as a member, you have a say in current PTO programs that are being planned.
What do we do?
The SWES PTO organizes many programs and provides support for various school projects, including:
- School Support – Provides funds to teachers for classroom supplies, manages grocery store cards, raises funds for the playground, school beautification, additional technology needs for the school, manages the After School Activities Program.
- Staff Support – Sponsors Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week and quarterly Teacher/Staff Luncheons
- Community Outreach – Forms partnerships with local businesses and coordinates restaurant nights
- Special Events – Organizes the Back to School Picnic, Spooky Bingo, Winter Fest, the Variety Show, Turkey Trot and April Fool's Run
- Spirit Wear – Designs, orders and sells a variety of Wild Cat gear
- Other - Provides support for Odyssey of the Mind, Watch Dog Dads, book fairs, picture day, the TEACH program, the LEAP program, dental screenings, hearing and vision screenings, the annual drama production, field days, International Week and the 5th Grade promotion
The SWES PTO is a GREAT way to get involved in your child’s education and elementary school experience. Sign up today and make a difference in your child’s life.
2017-2018 Steuart Weller PTO BoardPresident - Beth KaufmanVice President - Leslie GuzulaitisTreasurer - Carrie WrightRecording Secretary - Brenda StrombergCommunications - Eva LiuParent Liaison - Nancy Fuller
Like us on Facebook!
Check out our website at www.lcps.org/weller
Please use the navigation bar on the left to access relevant information.