Where can you find out about NHS service opportunities?
Community service hours performed during the summer count toward the 2022-2023 school year. This applies to current members only. Summer hours do not count if you were not an inducted member of NHS at the end of the 2023-2024 school year.Members are required to perform 36 service hours per year, 10 of which are to be NHS-specified events. Review the service guidelines below. Members are expected to know and adhere to these guidelines.
- NHS Meetings
- NHS Instagram
- A service hour must not benefit the NHS member nor the NHS member's family.
- The following are not considered community service hours:
- Anything in which the NHS member will receive a grade or compensation (monetary or in-kind)
- Attendance at club meetings since this is an obligation of membership and includes any club or activity in which the NHS member is involved.
- Unless for a specific charitable purpose, participation in extra-curricular sports activities, whether as a member of the team or manager, is not considered community service.
- Unless for a specific charitable purpose, participation in extra-curricular fine arts activities or performances is not considered community service.
- Service hours not verified by a member of the LCHS staff or administration must also include email verification. This must be obtained by the member and attached to the hours sheet when submitted.
- Service hours performed prior to NHS acceptance may not be included
- All tutoring hours must be done at LCHS and verified by a member of LCHS staff. Private tutoring must be pre-approved by an NHS advisor.
Last Modified on August 28, 2023