• tital    ATLAS - PTO    tital



    In Titan Territory, we recognize the importance of supporting all of our students. The proceeds from fundraisers are used in a manner that is consistent with the DHS mission to support each and every Titan and each and every Titan program. We have two fundraising models:
    • Activity Support Groups (ASGs) Fundraisers:  80% of the profit goes directly to the group that raises it; the other 20% to DHS.
    • ATLAS Fundraisers:  100% goes to DHS.
    ATLAS has established a Fundraising Oversight Committee to review proposed fundraising events to:
    • coordinate the calendar of fundraisers, making sure that the timing of fundraisers does not create a conflict, thereby canceling out the profitability of one or both activities and
    • consider whether there is liability of any type for the fundraising group(s), ATLAS, or DHS.
    If you have any questions, please contact the coach or sponsor of your Titan's activity or contact the ATLAS Board of Directors at ATLAS@dominionhigh.com.
    1. Identify the need/objective with your sponsor.
    2. Fill out the Fundraising Proposal Form.
    3. Send the form to fundraising@dominionhigh.com for review and approval.  Note: The approval process usually takes 2-3 days, unless further questioning is needed to clarify the proposal.  You cannot conduct an ATLAS fundraiser without approval.
    4. Run your fundraiser event.  Note: all checks received must be made payable to 'ATLAS' (the ONLY registered charitable organization).  This is very important.
    5. Afterwards collect the proceeds and complete the Fundraising Forms.  There are three forms.  Please ensure you have it completed all three and turn them in along with the money to the ATLAS treasurer via the ATLAS (tan) safe in the teachers' workroom.
    6. If you need to pay suppliers, or need reimbursement for costs incurred for the fundraiser complete the Dispursement/Check Request Form and submit to the ATLAS treasurer, Lita Brown at lita.brown17@gmail.com.  Remember to attach supporting documentation.  Incomplete or inaccurate forms will be returned for correction and resubmission; this will delay the issuance of the check.  Please allow 10 business days from the request being submitted to the check being issued.
    7Thank You Letter - Complete this letter and present it to the business or person who made a donation to your event or organization.
    8. Certificate of Appreciation - This certificate can be completed and presented to a business as a way of thanking them for partnering with Dominion High School.
    9. To coordinate communication of your event, please complete ATLAS Communication Request at ATLAS Communication Request
    If you have cash, coins, or checks that need to be deposited with ATLAS, please read the following guidelines.
    What is an Activity Support Group (ASG)?
    An Activity Support Group is an affinity group of parents, coaches & sponsors, DHS student participants and other interested parties that form under the ATLAS umbrella. DHS does not have booster clubs in the classic sense. Instead, we are all considered Titan boosters. In addition to supporting our own students’ interests we also recognize the importance that all programs have toward the success of the Dominion community and therefore support the school as a whole.
    Volunteer support and monetary support to supplement the Loudoun County Public Schools budget is coordinated through ATLAS. An ASG may form to support one or more specific activities like multiple sports teams, extracurricular activities or clubs. These groups will form to help support the need for (concessions & ticket) volunteers and support to raise funds to pay for a variety of things like uniforms, special equipment, travel, fees or dues, stipends, materials, food, etc..
    ATLAS, a 501(c)(3) organization, has assumed the responsibility for raising the monies needed to support Dominion students in many of their athletic, artistic, scholastic, and extracurricular endeavors. Our success would not be possible without the dedicated support and hard work of many individuals always focused on this process.
    Updated September 2020