Welcome To Sixth Grade Band!
There are many new and exciting things happening this year and one of them is Band! Here are a few things you will need to know in order to help you have a successful year.
Please make sure your name is on the instrument case and in your Book
- 6th Grade Band Students will need an instrument and Book to participate in class.
- The book we use is Standards of Excellence Book 1. It's red and can be purchased at any of the local music stores.
- In addition to Tradition of Excellence, percussionists need to purchase Alfred's Percussion Book 1. It's blue and can also be purchased at any of the local music stores.
- Always have a pencil! Keep a few in your Instrument case
- Practice Makes Progress. There is no way to improve at anything without doing it often! Be sure to practice regularly and update your practice calendar :-)
- Remember to only bring your instruments on the days you have band and be sure to take them home so you can practice! :)