Algebra 2 Class Room Policies & Procedures
Students are to be honest and respectful of others and the property of others. Take responsibility for your education by preparing for class and participating appropriately. Hats and other headgear are not permitted to be worn in class. Cell phones and electronic gear are a distraction to the teacher and to the other students and are not allowed to be used in class (unless told otherwise) and will be confiscated and delivered to the student’s administrator. Consequences for inappropriate behaviors will include warning, parent contact, detention, administration involvement. Any student caught using a cell phone during a test will have the phone confiscated, receive a zero on the test, and parents and administration notified of the violation.
· 3-ring binder and a pocket folder or pocket divider
- Sharpened pencils and erasers for daily use, regular paper, graph paper, small ruler, high lighter, and a few color pencils.
- TI-83 or TI-84 Graphing Calculator (Strongly Recommended)
- 1 box tissues (always appreciated)
Homework Work must be shown or no credit will be given. I grade the PROCESS not just the answers.
- Homework will be assigned every class and is valued at 4 points. Partial credit will be given for partial work . If you are absent it is your responsibility to look on my web-page to get the missed assignment.
- Late homework will not be accepted. If you are absent the day an assignment is due, it must be turned in the day you return. If you are out for 1 class, you’ll have 1 class to make up that day’s HW. If you are out 2 classes, you will have 2 classes to make it up. If you are out 3+ classes, please see me the day you return.
- Daily homework will be worth: 4 points for 100% completed, 3 points for 75%; 2 points for 50%; 1 points for 25%; 0 points if less than 25% completed.
- Your nine-week grade will be averaged as follows: Total points earned divided by total points possible.
If you miss a quiz or test, you will make it up the day you return. If you miss the Review Day, you are still required to take the quiz/test on time. So, please be prepared and always check the web page for missed assignments when absent.
Extra Help If you have been absent or find yourself in need of extra help please let me know in advance and I will make an effort to stay after school to offer additional help. Appointments must be made in advance. Math Resource Lab is available each period and offers additional math help to all students. See me for a pass to take advantage of this additional help.
Email I love Email! Send your questions/concerns to: Jane.Yaracs @lcps.org
To ensure your success in math, you need to keep a positive attitude about your work, to review your work each night, and to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE! Pay close attention in class and ask for help. I’m looking forward to a great year at Broad Run High School …Go Spartans!