STONE BRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL FRENCH 2017-2018
Students will participate in a variety of activities to practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in order to improve their proficiency in French. As we progress, you will become more capable of functioning effectively in French by obtaining information from spoken and written messages, communicating orally and in writing, and using more advanced structural concepts and vocabulary. Cultural aspects of the language and respective countries will also be explored.
The grading system is based on a 100 point scale and the categories are weighted.Formative 10%Summative 90%
Continuing to practice French outside of the classroom is critical. Most assigned homework will be checked for completion/effort. Homework is essential and expected in order to progress in language development and mastery. The practice you do on your own at home will reinforce the skills needed to be successful on assessments in class. By doing this, you’re taking control of your own learning. You will be given many opportunities to demonstrate your knowledge of the material, as well as many practice activities prior to the graded activities. Remember your grade in French is determined by your performance on assessments. Therefore, identifying areas in need of improvement and practicing of skills through homework and class activities are a vital part of achievement.
• Retake opportunities are at the discretion of Mme Richard.
• Retakes are not CPAs. One retake per quarter.
• To be eligible for a retake:
1) The student must have completed all of the activities on their due date prior to that quiz.
2) The student must initiate the process by filling out a Re-assessment Form where they reflect on the assessment and their need to retake it.
3) The student must show 2 forms of review/study for the retake.
4) Finally, the student must meet these requirements & take the retake within 2 weeks of the original (graded) assessment being returned to the student.
French Peer Tutoring is available every Friday morning in L202 from 8:15-8:40am.Mme Richard is available most every morning in L202 or L200. Drop by and/or sendan email.
If a student is cheating or uses an online translator or the help of a native speaker, they will earn a zero as this is a direct violation of the honor code. Parents and administrators will be notified as well.