Blocks 5 and 6, Room L505
English 10 students will receive instruction in oral language, reading and literature, writing and grammar, research, and vocabulary. This course will challenge students to master skills and English standards while receiving individualized support. In English 10 we cover World literature and will be using a thematic approach to complete the course. We will also focus on individual reading and writing skills, as well as word work through studying word parts and vocabulary. Some of the texts we will cover:
- A Monster Calls
- Oedipus Rex
- Frankenstein/Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
- A Long Way Gone
Google Classroom Codes: Block 5: yjot82 Block 6: 4l2x69
- Students are expected to be in the classroom at the beginning of class.
- Students are expected to come to class prepared for instruction.
- Students are expected to be courteous and respectful.
- Students are expected to bring their devices to class daily.
- Students are expected to attend any clinics given for not meeting expectations.
Grading procedures: Grades will be on a point system
Reading Analysis and Comprehension
Writing (will be at least 40% of the grade)
Homework (no more than 10% of the grade)
- 3-ring binder with dividers and paper
- Composition Notebook
- pencils, pens, highlighter
- Post-it notes or index cards
A box of tissues or Clorox wipes, if possible