Dominion High School Music Department
Spring Performance Tour – New York City
March 27-29, 2015(Scroll down to open the reservation form and return completed with your deposit by Oct. 1st)The Music Department staff is looking forward to a great tour in New York City this coming March. We have some exciting activities planned; to include a national music festival, adjudication and master classes by professional musicians, sightseeing opportunities in NYC, a broadway show, and fun dining. Specific information about the music competitions can be more explained by your individual teacher/director. Our tentative itinerary is listed below:
Depart Dominion (early morning)Travel via motor coach to New York CityVisit to Central ParkDinner Cruise and DJ Dance aboard the Spirit of New YorkOvernight stay at the Renaissance Hotel Meadowlands
Saturday, March 28
Breakfast at the hotelAll Day music festival/adjudication/clinics (bands, orchestras, choirs)
Dinner at the Playwright TavernBroadway ShowOvernight at the Renaissance Hotel Meadowlands
Sunday, March 29
Dinner and Festival Awards Ceremony at the Hard Rock CafeFree time to visit Times Square to sight-see and shopRockefeller Center/GE Building/NBC Studios/Top of the Rock Observation Tour
Travel via motor coach back to Sterling, VAIndividual cost of the trip is approximately $700 and includes:
· Festivals of Music Adjudication, Clinic, and Awards
· Two nights hotel accommodations (quads) at the Renaissance Meadowlands
· Full American breakfast at the hotel
· Dinner at the Playwrights Tavern
· Dinner Cruise and Dance aboard the Spirit of New York
· A Broadway Show
· Breakfast at Hard Rock Cafe
· Tickets to Top of The Rock Observation and the Statue of Liberty (ferry included)
· Transportation on Chartered Motor Coaches
· Security staff for the hotel
* - Special note about the costs:
Price is subject to change depending on the number of participants; example: each bus has a fixed price (approx. $5500 per bus) and will be divided evenly no matter if it has 40 students or 50 students onboard. Price is set for quad hotel accommodations. Triples or doubles may occur due to number of male and female participants and will incur additional costs.
Notes for all participants:
· To ensure ensembles are prepared to perform, allow additional time for fund-raising, and to lessen the impact on a loss of academic days; this trip has been planned for March and will go into the Sunday of Spring Break.
· We participate in annual performance tours to work with national adjudicators, expand our abilities in workshops, get feedback on our musical ensembles in comparison to other schools across the nation, build a family atmosphere in the arts programs, build leadership and responsibility in students, and to create memories that last a lifetime.
· Students must be an active contributing member of the music ensemble.
· Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher to participate in this field trip.
· Ensembles participating at the adjudicated festival will be determined by the proper instrumentation, voicing, or balance.
· Participation in this field trip in VOLUNTARY and does not impact student grades in the enrolled course.
· Students participating in spring athletics should communicate with their coach as early as possible about missing the athletic contests on Friday, March 27.
October 1st: $100 Deposit
November 15th: $200 Payment *
January 15th: $200 Payment *
March 1st: $200 Final Payment **
* - Amounts will be adjusted based on trip credits or fund-raising the student has participated in.
** - Final payment subject to change based on number of participating students
PLEASE COMPLETE RESERVATION FORM AND RETURN WITH YOUR $100 DEPOSIT BEFORE OCTOBER 1.