9H- Nine Week Plan: Quarter 1
SOL 9.4e - Explain the relationships between and among elements of literature: characters, plot, setting, tone, point of view, and theme
- Plot structure
- Characters, themes, elements of fiction, literary terms
- Short stories unit
- MDG, The Sniper, GoM, Full Circle, etc.
- Novel study
- Of Mice of Men, A Monster Calls
- Book clubs/independent reading (Choice books)
SOL 9.6c - Communicate clearly the purpose of writing using a thesis statement where appropriate
- Thesis Statements
Grammar: Using NO RED INK
SOL 9.7 - The student will self and peer edit writing for correct grammar, capitalization, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, and paragraphing.
- Complex sentences
- Comma usage
SOL 9.3a - Use structural analysis of roots, affixes, synonyms, antonyms, and cognates to understand complex words.
- Pulled from county lists/readings
- How are our lives present within stories we read?