FreshmenFreshman year is time to focus on transitioning, adjustment, assimilation, and personal and social development.
Things to think about:
- What are my talents and strengths?
- Am I taking courses that lead to my post high school plans?
- In which courses am I particularly strong?
- In what areas do I need to build more skills?
Things to do:
- Become familiar with graduation requirements.
- Develop a relationship with your School Counselor and teachers.
- Utilize StudentVUE to check grades in classes.
- Familiarize yourself with Naviance/Family Connection.
- Maintain strong academic performance and maintain excellent attendance record.
- Become involved in an extra curricular activity, sport, club, music, volunteer work, etc.
- Seek assistance or support when needed from teachers and counselors.
- Talk with teachers, parents, and School Counselor about your sophomore course selections.(March/April)