Sophomore year is a time to focus on conceptualization of career pathways and knowledge of self in order to make informed career decisions.
Things to think about:
- In which subjects do I excel?
- Am I taking courses that lead to my post high school plans?
- Of my unique talents and strengths, which would I most like to develop?
- Am I involved in at least one extra-curricular activity or community service?
- What potential career/post high school option have I considered?
Things to do:
- Seek assistance from teachers and counselors when needed.
- Utilize StudentVUE to check grades in classes.
- Take the PSAT (Oct)
- Maintain strong academic performance and maintain excellent attendance record.
- Be aware of your graduation requirements.
- Talk with your teachers, parent, and School Counselor about course selections for junior year.
- Visit School Counselor to explore post high school plans and interests.
- Continue involvement in extra curricular activities.