Senior year is a time to finalize career and college options, focus on the application process, and transitioning to post secondary life.
Things to think about:
- Am I continuing to challenge myself?
- Admission criteria for colleges.
- Do I need a Common Application account?
- Have I started my college essay?
- Have I revised my resume?
Things to do:
- Ask teachers for letter of recommendation.
- StudentVUE to check grades in classes.
- Finalize list of colleges on Naviance/Family Connections.
- Register for SAT, SAT subject tests, or ACT. (Sept-Nov)
- Meet with School Counselor to finalize post secondary plans. (Sept-Nov)
- Attend LCPS college fair. (Sept)
- Meet with college representatives. (Sept-Nov)
- Complete college applications.
- Know deadlines including Early Decision, Early Action, and Regular.
- Attend financial aid night.
- Have parents complete FAFSA. (Oct)
- Complete local scholarship applications. (Jan-Mar)
- If taking an AP course register for AP exams.
- Senior College Application Process Classroom Presentation
- How to Request Transcripts and Letter of Recommendations
- NACAC Guide to the College Admission Process
- College Fair Tips & Worksheets
- Glossary of Admissions Terms
- Resources for College Bound Students
Click here to view and/or print a larger version.