Welcome to John Champe High SchoolFamily and Consumer Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences provides opportunities for students to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
· Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
· Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community, and work settings.
· Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
· Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
· Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
· Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse families, communities, and work environments.
· Exemplifying successful life management, employment, and career development.
· Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.· Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life.Course Offerings:
- Early Childhood Education II
- Human Development
- Introduction to Housing and Interior Design
- Introduction to Fashion Design
- Gourmet Foods
- Personal Finance and Economics
- Teacher Cadet