Community Based Instruction
Mr. Somers 2005-2006
Welcome to Community Based Instruction (CBI) 2005-2006. This will be an exciting and busy year. We have a lot to learn and to accomplish! After looking at each of your IEP’s, I compiled the following list of topics that we will be studying this year:
Accessing Home, School, and Community Resources
Government and Law
Social Skills at home, school, work, and leisure
We will cover all of these topics (and maybe a few more) and continue working in the community. Our mission and goals for the work place are as follows:
To provide opportunities for students with developmental disabilities to learn about and experience independent employment.
· Provide students with work experience in a structured setting
· Develop students’ career awareness and positive work attitude
· Foster students’ independent work ethic and self advocacy
· Increase students’ quality and speed of work
· Enhance self esteem by increasing their options and opportunities
Weekly point sheet 40 points
1. Come to class on time and be prepared to start working immediately.
2. Be respectful of others.
3. Take responsibility for your own behavior.
4. Participate in all learning activities.