Capital Improvement Program
The Capital Improvement Program (CIP) budget is a six-year financial plan for the acquisition, development, construction, addition, and/or renovation of public facilities, infrastructure, and capital equipment.
For Loudoun County Public Schools, a CIP budget is prepared by the Superintendent in the fall of each year. The recommended capital budget is presented to the School Board for review and action. Following School Board adoption, the capital budget is forwarded to the County Administrator for inclusion in the County's Proposed Fiscal Plan. The Board of Supervisors adopts an annual Fiscal Plan each spring. Authority to spend public funds for identified capital projects is held by the Board of Supervisors and authorized as a part of the annual Fiscal Plan.
Details on specific, active LCPS construction projects can be found on the LCPS Division of Construction Services webpage.
- School Board Policy 4160, Capital Improvement Program
FY2024 - FY2029 Capital Improvement Program Budget Information
- FY2024 - FY2029 CIP & CAPP Budget Calendar
- November 15, 2022 School Board Meeting: Superintendent's Recommended FY2024 - FY2029 Capital Budgets
- November 28, 2022 School Board Public Hearing/Work Session on FY2024 - FY2029 CIP & CAPP Budgets
- December 5, 2022 School Board Public Hearing/Work Session on FY2024 - FY 2029 CIP & CAPP Budgets
- December 13, 2022 School Board Meeting: FY2024 - FY2029 Capital Budgets
Send an email with any questions and/or comments on the capital budget process or a specific school project.
Community Information Meetings on Future School Facility Projects
The Department of Support Services continues to host community meetings to provide a forum to share information on funded, planned and proposed school capital projects. To focus the discussion and public involvement, the meetings included a general overview of the CIP and CAPP budgets and then spotlight on a specific geographic area of Loudoun.
- Ashburn Planning District Meeting
- Central Loudoun Planning District Meeting
- Dulles North Planning District Meeting
- Dulles South Planning District Meetings
- The next Dulles South Planning District Community Information Meeting will be on February 16, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be in the auditorium of Willard Middle School (40915 Braddock Rd, Aldie).
- Dulles South Planning District Community Notice for August 17, 2022 Meeting
- Eastern Loudoun Planning District Meetings
- March 16, 2022 Staff/Public Meeting - Park View High School Renovations Presentation
- Eastern Loudoun Planning District School Community Notice for June 23, 2022 Meeting
- November 10, 2022 Community Information Meeting Spanish Arabic Farsi
- Western Loudoun Planning District Meeting
Archived School Board Adopted Capital Improvement Program Budgets
- School Board Adopted FY2024 - FY2029 Capital Budgets (CIP & CAPP)
- School Board Adopted FY2023 - FY2028 Capital Budgets (CIP & CAPP)
- School Board Adopted FY2022 - FY2027 Capital Budgets (CIP & CAPP)
- School Board Adopted FY2021 - FY2026 Capital Budgets (CIP & CAPP)
- School Board Adopted FY2020 - FY2025 Capital Budgets (CIP & CAPP)
- School Board Adopted FY2019 - FY2024 Capital Budgets (CIP & CAPP)
- School Board Adopted FY2018 - FY2023 Capital Improvement Program