Quick link to join now: 2018-19 Online Membership
What is PTA? Why Join PTA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help JML. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- There's no better way to know what's happening at JML.
Discover Great Resources
- The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
Tap into a Network
- PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
Watch Yourself Grow
- By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at JML.
- By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
Be a Role Model
- By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
How your membership funds help pay for JML resources
Thanks to the participation of JML families and friends, the PTA has accomplished many great things over the past few years and will continue to fund and support important programs such as those listed below in the future. By becoming a member, supporting the direct donation campaign, and donating your time and resources, you can help the PTA continue to provide amazing resources to JML students, teachers, staff and families!
Past accomplishments have included the following:
- Academics - IXL Math Program, Teacher Grants and Requests, and Classroom Technology.
- Recognition - PBIS/ROAR system, SOL snacks, Student Honor Roll Assemblies/Ribbons and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- School Counseling - School Assemblies, School Counseling Programs, and Parent Coffees.
- Arts & Enrichment - Lion's Den School Store, Reflections Program, Lego League, Odyssey of the Mind, and After School Clubs.
- Social - Tailgate Party, JML/Mercer/Willard Volleyball Game, Field Day, Big Night Out/Silent Auction, and 8th Grade Celebration.
- Facilities - Marquee, Planters / Planting Boxes, Murals, Adaptive Desks / Seating, Benches and Trophy Cases.
- Every year you must join the PTA to be a current PTA member.
- Only current paid members can vote at our PTA meeetings.
- Over 4 million people can't be wrong! Be a voice in a nation-wide organization for less than 3 cents per day.
- Studies have shown that when parents are involved, students do better both academically and socially.
- Being a member of the National and Virginia PTA offers you great benefits including discounts to Hertz, T-Mobile, Washington Nationals, Great Wolf Lodge, and Colonial Williamsburg. Click here for more information regarding these terrific discounts: 2018-19 Membership Benefits
New for 2018 - 2019! Online Membership!
This year, in accordance with the new LCPS policy, there will be no paper membership forms distributed. For the first time ever, you can now join the PTA online! Here is the link:
You will need to create an account with the PTA and then can complete the membership information. For more detailed instructions regarding online membership registration, please click here: Online Membership Instructions.
[Please note that other local schools (ie, Liberty Elementary, Freedom High School, etc.) are also using this online system so, if you have students at more than one school, you can process your membership for both schools at once.]
When completing your online membership, please also consider participation in this year's Direct Donation Campaign. You can make your donation online at the time you submit your membership. This year, the bulk of our fundraising will be through our 2018-19 Direct Donation Campaign. We are asking each family to consider donating at least $25 per JML student. Of course, any donation is most welcome and all donations are tax deductible. We are hoping to raise $40,000 through this campaign. (You may also make a donation to the Direct Donation campaign by completing the Direct Donation form and sending it to JML. Here is the link to the Direct Donation form: 2018-19 Direct Donation Form.
For more information about PTA membership, please contact our Membership Chair at email@example.com.The content of the links provided on this website are not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked home page content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of the webmaster. Remember that the outside source web page may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.