• We hope that the information below will answer your questions.  Please contact the John Champe High School Office of School Counseling at 703-722-2687 if you need more information.

    Registration of New Students
    Pre-register online first and upload any needed documents!
    Due to the time involved, enrollments are by appointment only.  After pre-registering, our registrar will contact your to make a registration appointment.  At that time, please notify us if any of the conditions listed below apply to your child:
    • Your child is transferring from another LCPS high school.
    • Your child receives special education services.
    • Your child speaks English as a second language.
    • You are not the parent of the child you wish to enroll.

    Documents Required to Enroll a Student

    • Original birth certificate
    • Social Security number (if available)
    • Transcript/Report Card from last school attended (if enrolling during the school year, a withdrawal slip is also required)
    •  Immunization records
      • DtaP, DTP, Dt or Td minimum of 3 doses
      • OPV or IPV (polio) minimum of 4 doses
      • Hepatitis B minimum of 3 doses for children born after January 1, 1994
      • MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) minimum of 2 doses
      • Varicella one dose for children born on or after January 1, 1997
    • TB screening (if entering LCPS for the first time)
      • All new students entering LCPS for the first time will be required to provide documentation that a tuberculosis screening has been performed no earlier than 3 months (90 days) prior to registration for school. 
      • This also applies to previous students who have been out of LCPS for more than one year. 
      • The documentation must be signed by a licensed health care provider and indicate that the student is free of communicable tuberculosis.  TB screenings can be performed at a physician’s office or through the Loudoun County Health Department. 
    • Tdap booster within the last 5 years
    • Proof of residency
      • If you are renting, provide original lease
      • If you have purchased a home, provide a settlement statement, deed or mortgage statement
      • If you are sharing a home or apartment and it is not in your name, provide a notarized Shared Housing document along with the owner/renter’s deed or lease. 
    • IEP or 504 plan (if applicable)
    • Custody/guardianship papers (if applicable) 
    In addition, please have all of the registration forms completed prior to your appointment.  Forms can be found online on the LCPS Registration Forms page, or you can contact the Office of School Counseling for paper copies.  
    Student transfers from another Loudoun County school only need to provide a completed registration form, proof of residency, and course selections for the next school year.  If you move during the course of the school year, a withdrawal slip from the last LCPS school attended will also be required.

    If you have any questions, please contact the John Champe High School Office of School Counseling at 703-722-2687.