Course Description: This course equips students with individual and group leadership skills. Course content includes leadership principles, officer training, parliamentary law, public speaking, effective communication, positive public relations skills, understanding organizational behavior, resolving conflict and techniques of organizing and conducting group meetings and activities. Students are encouraged to be active members of a community or school organization.
· Identifying the characteristics, roles, and responsibilities of a leader
· Developing leadership skills
· Practicing problem solving
· Understanding organizations behavior
· Managing meetings, time, and resources
· Communicating in the workplace
· Exploring leadership opportunities at school, in the work place and in the community