Use of Tutor to Provide Home InstructionThe Code of Virginia §22.1-254 allows parents to have their child taught by a tutor who meets the teacher licensure qualifications prescribed by the Board of Education when that individual has been approved as a tutor by the school division superintendent. To meet the qualifications prescribed by the Board of Education, the tutor must have a valid Virginia teaching license in any area and may be a parent who meets the tutor qualifications.
- Parents who select this option must notify our office in writing or through e-mail of this selection and include their child's name.
- Parents must fax (571-252-1242) or scan and e-mail Dawn.Mahoney@lcps.org a copy of the tutor's valid (current) Virginia teaching license.
- Tutors are approved for as long as their teaching license is valid.
- Completion of a Notice of Intent is not required.
- Proof of Academic Progress is not required.
Last Modified on September 15, 2020