Mrs. AubelI have been enjoying teaching in Loudoun County for 37 years. I taught 11 years at Broad Run teaching 9th grade Physical Education. I have also taught at Balls Bluff, Cool Springs, Lucketts and Leesburg Elementary Schools. The last 23 years have been here at Hillside.In 2009, I earned my Master's Degree in Education with emphasis in Physical Education from George Mason University.My Undergraduate Degree is Health and Physical Education NK-12 from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.I currently serve as a member of the George Mason University Advisor Board for Health and Physical Education.I am a gymnastics coach at Heritage High Schools in Leesburg.My Family:My husband (Ray) and I are proud parents ofMatthew (32, a teacher at Independence HS and Head Boys Soccer Coach and Coaches club soccer teams in Loudoun County)Colleen, daughter in law (32, a Reservations Specialist in an Orthopedic Office in Fair Oaks)Renay (27, a teacher at Independence HS, Asst. Varsity Softball coach at Indy and Manager/Asst. Coach Ashburn Shooting Stars 18U travel softball team).We grandparents to a 4 year old grandson RJ and 2 year old Keegan.More fun things to know about me:
- I am a native of Pennsylvania where I grew up on a 103 acre Dairy Farm in York Springs.
- I served as Adams County Dairy Princess in 1983 promoting the dairy industry.
- I was a nine year 4-H member with projects in vegetable gardening, swine (showing pigs), sewing and knitting.
- I'm a member of the Broad Run High School Athletic Hall of Fame as a Coach.
- My hobbies include gardening, golfing, yard sales and thrift store shopping.
- I enjoy watching most sports - college football, fastpitch softball and gymnastics.
I love teaching kids about how to be fit and active.
I enjoy cheering for them on various sports teams.