First Nine Weeks
Goals are determined by the Virginia Standards of Learning in Art
* Students will continue to plan for and reflect on the art-making process with a digital journal.
* Students will continue to develop and use a process art portfolio as an idea-building resource to create works of art.
* Students will refine personal works of art to improve quality of craftsmanship in all projects.
* Student will synthesize prior knowledge and experience to create a dragon design.
* Students will convey points of view through a clay architectural form.
* Students will communicate ideas through the creation of relief sculpture.
* Students will independently make ethical decisions in art making.
* Students will combine a variety of compositional techniques to create the illusion of depth in drawing.
* Students will compare and contrast works of art from Classical Greek and Roman art.
* Students will analyze the uses and impact of persuasive techniques in paper relief art.
* Students will use art terms to critique personal work and the work of others.
* Students will combine a variety of compositional techniques to create the illusion of space with gradation shading.
* Students will communicate how personal experiences influence critical interpretations by evaluating a clay tile design.