World History I
1st Nine Weeks:
· Early Man
· Beginning of Civilization
· Sumeria /Babylonia
· Egypt and Kush
· Early Indus (up until disappearance of first settlement)
· Ancient China (around the Huang He river)
· Phoenicians/early trading people
2nd Nine Weeks:
· Classical India (Aryans to Gupta and Asoka)
· Classical China (including Confucianism, Taoism/Daoism, and Shi Huangdi to Wudi)
· Alex the Great
3rd Nine Weeks:
· Roman Empire
· Byzantine Empire (Beginning to Russia to beginning of Holy Roman Empire)
4th Nine Weeks:
· The Americas
· Southeast Asia
· Kings of Europe (France, Spain, England, Holy Roman Empire)
· 100 Years War
· Spanish Inquisition
WHAT YOU NEED FOR CLASS
1) A GOOD ATTITUDE
2) School materials- pens, notebook paper, your textbook , a World History only folder
3) School Agenda-
a) to write down your assignments
b) If want a pass to go anywhere your planner is required,
4) 2 inch THREE- RING binder- to be used for World History only
ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE GRADED USING A POINT SYSTEM. ON EACH GRADED ASSIGNMENT, THERE WILL BE A FRACTION SHOWING POINTS EARNED TO THE TOTAL POSSIBLE POINTS TO BE EARNED. AT THE END OF THE NINE WEEKS THE TOTAL NUMBER OF POINTS EARNED WILL BE DIVIDED INTO THE TOTAL POSSIBLE FOR THE NINE WEEKS.
IN CLASS ASSIGNMENT 15/15
TOTAL EARNED POINTS 140
TOTAL POSSIBLE POINTS 160 140/ 160 = .875 or 87.5 %
All assignments and notes taken should have;
A) STUDENT’S NAME B) DATE C) TITLE OF ASSIGNMENT or NOTES
HOMEWORK QUESTIONS WILL BE WRITTEN OUT.
POINTS WILL BE TAKEN OFF ANY HOMEWORK THAT DO NOT HAVE THE ABOVE
MAKE-UP POLICY - IT IS THE STUDENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO OBTAIN AND COMPLETE ALL MISSED WORK IN A TIMELY FASHION ACCORDING TO SCHOOL POLICY.
Please refer to School Agenda for more detail
ATTENDANCE IS CRUCIAL TO ADEQUATE PERFORMANCE.
Much of your class work will be done in your notebook. The purpose of your notebook is to help you record, organize, and process new information. The notebook will be organized in this way:
A) A creative cover that will reflect the courses content
B) A title on each page
C) A table of contents listing the pages of work done.
D) Numbered pages and dates for organization
Notebooks will be collected and graded on thoroughness, quality, organization, and visual appeal. The teacher keeps the right to alter the direction of the notebook.
1) R.I.S.E. and Do your best!!! It is all I can ask: neat hand writing, colorful notebook, take pride in your workmanship.
2) Be on time. See School Agenda for the school policy.
3) Keep your head up in class: especially during videos, this is the teacher’s pet peeve.
4) Remain respectful of all living or non-living things
a) peers’ opinions, teacher’s space, and. people’s belongings.
b) Raise your hand to make a comment
c) Wait for a transition in class, then have your agenda filled out to go to the bathroom, locker, or get a drink of water. Remember 20/20 rule , see School agenda
5) Bring all supplies to class (see above list): there could be surprise supply checks.
6) Avoid the loss of your valuables Do NOT bring cell phones, iPods, electronics, or hats to class: Leave them in your locker.
7) Follow the Tuscarora HS HONOR CODE, please refer to the School Agenda