1. What are your favorite moments old & new memory at Arcola Elementary?
My favorite memory was meeting my students for the first time. It was so wonderful to see their excitement coming into their new classroom. It made me know that I couldn’t wait for the school year to start.
2. What are you looking forward to most during the school year?
I am really looking forward to getting to know my students even more than I do know and all of the exciting activities that are planned at Arcola for this year.
3. Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why?
My favorite teacher was my third grade teacher. She really made each student feel special and made me really believe in myself.
4. Favorite books/authors growing up?
My favorite books were any books written by Judy Blume. Those were the books that I really got into!
5. What was your favorite summer job growing up?
When I was in elementary, middle and high school, I attended a Girl Scout Day Camp. I started off as a camper and then worked my way up to be a SPARK, which is a counselor. It was so much fun and I learned during the camp how much I love working with kids.
6. Who do you call your "HERO"?
My mother is my “HERO.” She had always supported me 110% and I am always able to count on her for anything. She was also the reason I wanted to be a teacher. Growing up with her being a middle school history teacher, I saw the amazing connections she made with her students. Now, we always run into her former students and they are always eager to tell them how things are going. I knew that I wanted to have those meaningful connections to students when I grew up.
7. Favorite food or restaurant?
My favorite would have to be Chick-Fil-A!
8. Places you have traveled to?
My favorite place I have traveled to is Yellowstone National Park. Being out there and seeing the beauty that we are surrounded by was the most amazing thing for me. I plan to go back as soon as I can!
9. What is your favorite holiday and why?
My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because I always am so grateful to see my family and have some delicious food.
10. What are your hobbies?
I love to read when I have free time and go hiking nearby during the warm months.
11. Favorite sports team / do you play sports / favorite sport activity that you do?
When I was younger I was a cheerleader until my senior year in high school. I really enjoy watching football. Go Redskins!
12. Other neat facts you would like to add?
I live on a fifteen acre farm and we have a lot of different animals!