LCPS HEAD START PROGRAM
Charisse Rosario: Head Start & STEP SupervisorShranda Arietta: Head Start Secretary/BookkeeperHead Start is a federally funded preschool program for low income families who have a child who will be 4-years-old by September 30th of the school year, or, a child in the Sterling area who will be 3-years-old by September 30th of the school year.
- The program is available and free to those who qualify by age and by income.
- Classes are held 4 days a week, Tuesday through Friday for four (4) hours in the morning. Children are bussed to and from school or daycare, and receive breakfast and lunch while at school.
- Classes have 17-18 students with a teacher and a teacher's assistant (except one 3-year-old class, which has 15-16 students).
- The High/Scope curriculum is used which views children as "active learners" who learn best from activities that they plan themselves, carry out, and they are able to reflect upon. Children are encouraged to engage in a variety of experiences that help them to make choices, solve problems, and contribute to their own development.
- Head Start is a family program and we encourage parents to volunteer in the classroom, serve on the Policy Council, and to attend monthly family meetings held at the school.
- We have 2 master level Family Services Professionals and a nurse who help families with mental health, employment, parenting, health insurance, and other family issues.
ALL INFORMATION IS KEPT STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.
Contact Information:LCPS Head Start & STEP Program
43711 Partlow RdAshburn, VA 20147Head Start PH: (571) 252-2110STEP PH: (571) 252-2118FAX: (703) 669-1444
Last Modified on September 28, 2018