Loudoun County Public School CounselorsHelping Students Succeed in SchoolCounselors Help Students LearnCounselors work with students, parents, teachers, and administrators to help students succeed in school and prepare for meaningful, productive living. Counseling services focus on students' academic, social/emotional, and career awareness needs at each stage of their development.What Are the Objectives of the Counseling Program?The Loudoun County counseling program supports students as they strive to:
Curriculum Themes for 2017-2018 Guidance LessonsWe explore all aspects of bullying, and learn and practice various social skills throughout the year within most of the guidance lessons. Included in this is instruction and review of our Stop Walk and Talk anti-bullying program.
- become self-directive and responsible for their behavior in relation to academic achievement
- develop positive feelings toward their school environment
- foster and support responsible behavior and safety
- understand the relationship between personal qualities, education, and the world of work
- develop problem-solving, decision-making, and coping skills
- understand and respect themselves and others
- maintain effective relationships with peers and adults
- develop effective communication skills
- plan for further education
Please take a look at my newsletter item each month for specifics on which of these were discussed in specific grade levels.