2019 VIRGINIA SUMMER RESIDENTIAL GOVERNOR'S SCHOOLSAre you currently an LCPS sophomore or junior? If so, you should consider applying to the 2019 Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s Schools. See the bottom of this page for upcoming information sessions to learn more!The Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s Schools are approximately four weeks long and are held each summer on various college and university campuses throughout Virginia. The Governor’s Schools offer students a unique opportunity to work and study not only with other students with similar talents and interests, but also with mentors, professors, scientists, and other professionals in their field of interest.
The following Summer Residential Governor’s Schools will be offered in 2019:
- Agriculture (held at Virginia Tech)
- Humanities (held at Radford University)
- Math, Science, and Technology (held at Lynchburg College)
- Visual and Performing Arts (held at Radford University)
And Mentorships in:
- Marine Science (held at Christopher Newport University and Virginia Institute of Marine Science)
- Medicine and Health Sciences (held at VCU)
- Engineering (held at Christopher Newport University and NASA/Langley)
LCPS students must apply through their home high schools. Students may apply to only one Governor’s School. School divisions select the students they nominate for the state level application process.
The Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s School website should update on or before October 2, 2018. Please do not begin the application process until the 2019 applications appear on the website. The link to the website is:
If you wish to apply, please read the LCPS application instructions found here: Application Instructions
In addition, LCPS students applying for the Visual and Performing Arts Governor’s School must attend a local preliminary audition for selection to attend the state level audition. The preliminary audition is Monday, November 5, 2018, at Briar Woods High School, 22525 Belmont Ridge Rd, Ashburn, VA 20148.
Visual and Performing Arts Applicants:
- The deadline to register for the Preliminary Audition is October 19, 2019. Please click the following link to complete the Registration Form.
- Please read them carefully as you prepare for your audition.
Information sessions will be offered at each LCPS high school and the Academies of Loudoun from September through mid-October. These sessions are scheduled during the school day. Please encourage your student to attend. Contact your school counseling office for the date, time and location.
An evening information session for parents and students will be held on Wednesday, October 3, 2018 from 7:00 pm until 8:00 pm, in the Auditorium at Stone Bridge High School, 43100 Hay Road, Ashburn, VA 20148. Doors will open at 6:30 pm. This session is identical to the high school information sessions.