Liberty Elementary's Children's Diversity Night
Thursday, October 18th
6:00 PM-8:00 PM
Our objective is to share, understand, and appreciate our children’s diverse backgrounds, cultures, and traditions. Your participation is critical to the success of this event.
Here is how you can help make this event an amazing success:
- Poster Display - Students can fill in either a “My country” poster or an “I am unique” poster that will be provided by PTA prior to event. Once completed, return them (Oct 15) to school and posters will be displayed in the halls.
- Talent - Show us your diversity by participating in the talent portion of the night. Can you sing, play an instrument or recite a poem from another part of the world? If so, we’d love to see it. Due to time constraints, 5 volunteers will be selected on a first come first serve basis. You will be notified via email on Oct 9.
- Group Dance – 3 groups of student volunteers will be selected on a first come first serve basis, to perform a short (3-4 minute) dance reflective of their heritage and/or background. You will be notified via email on Oct 9.
- Closing Procession – Students dress in their ethnic clothing and participate in a short procession at the end of the music portion of Children's Diversity Night.
- Parent Volunteers - Help with various activities such as: set up, monitor a workshop, or clean up at Children's Diversity Night.
Please submit your Google Form by Oct 8. You can complete this form here: https://goo.gl/forms/EVdJ0pz38L5A73ap1
Thank you in advance for your support!
If you have questions or would like to volunteer at this event, please contact:
Sandy Toor at email@example.com
Smitha Tumuluri at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jen Robinette at email@example.com
Thank you to our 2018 event sponsors!