Liberty Elementary's Children's Diversity Night
Thursday, November 7th, 2019
6:00 PM-8:00 PM
Our objective is to share, understand, and appreciate our children’s diverse backgrounds, cultures, and traditions. Your participation is critical to the success of this event.
Here is how you can help make this event an amazing success:
- Poster Display - Students can fill in either a “My Country” poster or an “I am Unique” poster that will be provided by PTA prior to event. Once completed, return them by October 31 to school and posters will be displayed in the halls.
- Talent - Show us your diversity by participating in the talent portion of the night. Can you sing, play an instrument or recite a poem from another part of the world? If so, we’d love to see it. Due to time constraints, 5 volunteers will be selected on a first come first serve basis. You will be notified via email on Oct 24.
- Group Dance – 3 groups of student volunteers (families are also welcome) will be selected to perform a short (3-4 minute) dance reflective of their interest in any heritage and/or background. You will be notified via email on Oct 24.
- Closing Procession – Students dress in their ethnic clothing and participate in a short procession at the end of the music portion of Children's Diversity Night.
- Family Volunteers - Help with various activities such as: set up, monitor a workshop, or clean up at Children's Diversity Night. Family volunteers will earn free entries into a drawing later this year to receive free Disney Park Hopper passes.
Please submit your Google Form by Oct 18. You can complete this form here:
Thank you in advance for your support!
If you have questions or would like to volunteer at this event, please contact:
Smitha Tumuluri at email@example.com
William Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org