• School Motto School
    "A Caring, Learning Community"


    School Colors 
    Red and Black 


    School Mascot
    The Cardinal


    School Philosophy Statement

    We will continuously improve our efforts to create conditions essential for the success of all students.


    Our School
    Seldens Landing Elementary School opened in August 2001.  Details:
    • 43345 Coton Commons Drive, Leesburg Virginia 20176
    • School Hours are 8:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
    • Office Hours are 7:40 a.m. - 3:40 p.m.
    • Phone: 571-252-2260
    • Fax: 703-779-8953
    • Absentee call in: 571-252-2262
    School Mission Statement
    The mission of Seldens Landing Elementary School faculty, staff, administration, and parents are to educate children for the 21st century by providing a safe, positive learning environment responsive to the needs of individual learners. We prepare students to become independent and critical thinkers and enable success by providing a relevant and rigorous curriculum.

    Seldens Landing History 

    There is a Selden’s Island on the Virginia side of the Potomac. It is quite large.  April 1821 Ludwell Lee and Richard H. Lee sold the island to Dr. Wilson Cary Selden, Sr. It was called EDEN ISLAND and was granted to Thomas Lee by the Crown of England. In April 1846, Mary B. Selden, widow of Wilson Cary Selden, Sr. gave it to her son. The amount of land comprised 365 acres. January, 1923 Land was deeded to George William Summers.
    Why is our address Coton Commons Drive? 
    Coton is pronounced "coat-in." It is named after the Coton Plantation that existed in this area. Thomas Ludwell Lee, Jr. inherited the plantation from his father and made extensive additions to the manor house in 1803. He added a distillery, mill, stone kitchen-laundry, stone meat house and a frame office. In 1852, the Lee occupation of the plantation ended. The land was split and the two tracts changed hands several times before 1971 when the Xerox Corporation purchased the site.