Basic Operations and Concepts
C/T K-2.1 The student will demonstrate knowledge of the nature and operation of technology systems.
C/T K-2.2 The student will demonstrate proficiency in the use of technology.
- Identify the computer as a machine that helps people at school, work, and play.
- Use technology to demonstrate the ability to perform a variety of tasks; among them turning on and off a computer, starting and closing programs, saving work, creating folders, using pull-down menus, closing windows, dragging objects, and responding to commands.
Social and Ethical IssuesC/T K-2.3 The student will practice responsible use of technology systems, information, and software.
- Demonstrate the use of mouse, keyboard, printer, multimedia devices, and earphones.
- Use multimedia resources such as interactive books and software with graphical interfaces.
- Understand the importance of protecting personal information or passwords.
- Understand the basic principles of the ownership of ideas.C/T K-2.4 The student will use technology responsibly.
- Understand the responsible use of equipment and resources.Technology Research Tools
C/T K-2.5 The student will use technology to locate, evaluate, and collect information from a variety of sources.
Problem-solving and Decision-making Tools
- Identify information in various formats.
- Identify available sources of information.
C/T K-2.6he student will use technology resources for solving problems and making informed decisions.
Technology Communication Tools
- Recognize that technology can be used to solve problems and make informed decisions.
- Identify and select technologies to address problems.
C/T K-2.7 The student will use a variety of media and formats to communicate information and ideas effectively to multiple audiences.
- Identify the best tool to communicate information.
- Use technology tools for individual writing, communication, and publishing activities.
- Demonstrate the ability to create, save, retrieve, and print document.
Last Modified on September 12, 2013