Odyssey of the Mind
Contract and Application Form
Grade_____________1st Period Teacher________________________________
Birthdate Month________ Day____________ Year_____
Have you participated on an Odyssey team prior to this year?_______________
What did you enjoy about your team? _________________________________________
Are there teammates that you would like to work with this year? Who? ______________
Have your read the long term summaries?____ What are your three favorites?_________
If possible, who else would you like to have on your team?________________________
Other activities (sports, clubs, groups) you are involved in_________________________
What skills and abilities are you good at which will add to the team (Circle all that apply)
Acting Building Drawing Dancing Painting Writing New Ideas Sewing
Designing Stuff Thinking Quick Working with Others Laughing Having Fun
I would like to be on an Odyssey of the Mind team because________________________
Please turn in completed application and contract to email@example.com by Oct. 3, 2011.
Odyssey of the Mind Student Contract
Your School supports Odyssey of the Mind, its team members and their coaches as they work towards completion of their problems. To show my support of my fellow team members, coaches and my school, I will:
- Encourage my fellow team members, always supporting them
- Listen to and consider their ideas, suggestions and concerns
- Show respect for the feelings of my team members
- Solve the problem with my team members, working together
- Talk with my coaches when I am not clear on what assistance is acceptable
- Support other Odyssey of the Mind teams and team members, at my school and other schools as well
- Remember that if a suggestion I make to the team is not used, this does not mean that the suggestion was not valuable, it may be used later.
I understand that:
- Odyssey of the Mind is a commitment. I must be willing to attend meetings, participated and work toward all goals set by the team.
- I have a responsibility to the team to remain committed until the problem is solved.
- If I quit the team, my team may not replace me, and I hurt the team, who may have to compete with fewer members than desired.
- I understand this years tournament will be held on _____________________, and I will make plans to be there.
Student Signature________________________________ Date____________________
- Odyssey of the Mind is a long term commitment and I will insure my child will attend and participate at each team meeting. If there is a conflict, I or my child will notify the coach in advance if possible.
- I cannot assist with the actual development or construction of the team’s long term problem solution, including hints or ideas to help them. It is their project, and only their mind can solve the problem.
- No outside assistance is permitted, including creations, decorations, costumes, ideas, inventions or any other practical advice. The solutions must come from the team.
- Odyssey of the Mind is a volunteer program and relies on volunteers to coach teams, judge tournaments and volunteer at meets. I will volunteer and support all those who do.
I agree to support the Spirit of Odyssey of the Mind, including good sportsmanship, team cooperation and proper manners. I will support the coach and assist the coach when needed.
Parent Signature_________________________________ Date_________________________