Our mission supports our schools' mission and vision to promote student growth by encouraging all students to be problem solvers, risk takers, and respectful, responsible citizens. The Tolbert Elementary School Counseling program strives to develop an appropriate, comprehensive program that addresses the academic, career, and personal/social needs of all our students. We encourage an environment that appreciates and accepts our diverse community. We encourage and collabrate with students, staff, parents, and community memebers.
The John W. Tolbert Jr. Elementary School Counseling Program envisions a future in which all students learn to their fullest potential, achieve their goals, and succeed in life. While at Tolbert, all students will grow personally, socially, and academically. We hope our students are successful life-long learners and respectful citizens in the community.
- All students can achieve.
- The social/emotional needs of every student are to be recognized and valued.
- The School Counselors will gather evidence and use data to evaluate the School Counseling Program and to deliver services.
- The School Counselors will plan and manage a comprehensive counseling program.
- The School Counselors will advocate for the entire community of learners.
- The School Counselors will collaborate with families, staff, and community resources to target student needs.