School Counseling lessons are centered around monthly character traits. Lessons are designed to be grade/age level appropriate based on the character traits as previously mentioned.
These lessons also meet the goals of the Loudoun County Public Schools Elementary School Counseling Program requirements.
The objectives of the Loudoun County School Counseling Program include teaching students to:
- become self-directive and responsible for their behavior in relation to academic achievement
- develop positive feelings toward their school environment
- act responsibly and safely
- understand the relationship between personal qualities, education and the world of work
- understand the character traits consistent with Loudoun County Public Schools' Character Education Program
- develop problem solving, decision making and coping skills
- understand and respect themselves and others
- maintain effective relationships with peers and adults
- develop effective communication skills and
- plan for further education