Cool Spring Elementary students embrace and thrive in a culturally diverse learning environment that develops children who are caring, considerate and compassionate. We believe students who are taught to be inquisitive, responsible, communicative, and motivated will embrace lifelong learning and make positive, meaningful contributions in this ever changing world.
The Cool Spring Counseling Program is comprehensive and dedicated to providing a safe, caring, and nurturing environment to all students differing in diversity and developmental needs. The department advocates for students through communication with staff, community, and families to ensure confidence and success academically, socially, and emotionally. Fostering resiliency, building confidence, and healthy relationships in our students through guidance lessons, groups, and individual counseling will provide them with lifelong tools to lead fulfilling lives.
- All students have dignity and worth
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students’ gender, ethnic, cultural, and racial differences as well as any special needs of the student are considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program.
- All students shall have access to a full time, state certified master’s degree – level counselor.
The school counseling program
- Shall allow all students to have access to a school counselor to discuss personal issues.
- Shall be consistent with expected developmental stages of learning.
- Shall utilize the many combined resources of the community.
- Shall be based on professional mandates and guidelines proposed by the National School Counselor Association.
- Shall be reviewed and updated based on yearly collected data
The school counselors
- Shall abide by the professional ethics of guidance and counseling as advocated by the American School Counselor Association.
- Shall participate in professional development activities essential to maintaining a quality school counseling program.