(UPDATED 11/2/17)Registration Now Open for Future Quest Conference at GMU
On Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 8 am to 3 pm, George Mason University (GMU) is hosting their free Future Quest conference. Future Quest is a FREE college and career conference held every two years for middle and high school students with disabilities, young adults with disabilities, their families, and professionals who work with them. One of the largest events of its kind in Virginia, Future Quest features more than 40 workshops and 40 exhibits related to successful life after high school.
To Register go to: www.futurequestgmu.org
This event is sponsored by the Nothern Virginia Transition Coalition (www.novatransition.org) and the VA Department of Education’s Training and Technical Assistance Center at GMU.Upcoming November Events from LCPS Parent Resource Services
LCPS Parent Resource Services is hosting a number of workshops in November. All workshops are at the LCPS Administrative Building, 21000 Education Ct., Ashburn, VA (unless otherwise noted).
Thursday, 11/2 9 am - 11 am OR 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Specialized Reading
Tuesday, 11/7 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Autism Services and Resources in LCPS and the Community
Thursday, 11/30 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm: Kindergarten Connection
More information and links to register can be found online at http://lcps.org/ParentResourceServices
Special Education Advisory Committee
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) works with the School Board, administrators, parents and teachers who are responsible for students receiving special education services.What SEAC Does:
* Advise LCPS of the needs of students with disabilities;
* Assist LCPS in the development of long-range plans, which will provide needed services for children with disabilities;
* Submit reports and recommendations regarding the education of students with disabilities to the School Board; and
* Review annually the LCPS updated special education plan and application for federal funding.
How We Do It:
* Informative presentations for parents and educators at the monthly meetings;
* Recognition for Excellence in Supporting Special Education Awards Program.
* Invites each school to appoint a SEAC representative.
* Host a bi-annual Town Hall Meeting to receive input from parents and caregivers, which assists SEAC to assess the needs of LCPS students with disabilities. The next Town Hall will be held in the Spring of 2015.When Are SEAC Meetings?
Meetings are held from 7pm to 9pm at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 2100 Education Court, Ashburn. There is a presentation at each meeting of interest to parents, staff, and educators. Please check the website at www.lcps.org, click “parents”, then select "Special Education Advisory Committee" to view the current meeting and presentation schedule or click here.Parents are encouraged to reach out to the Parent Resource Center, www.lcps.org/prc, to learn about upcoming programs and workshops of interest to the disability community and to seek information about LCPS special education programs and services. This is a wonderful parent resource and parents are urged to utilize the PRC.
J. Michael Lunsford SEAC Representative: Jennifer Gauvreau
The representative will provide monthly updates in the PTA newsletter alerting you to events and activities of special interest to the JML disability community. Additionally, JML hosts quarterly parent coffees on valuable topics for parents of students with IEPs, 504s, and/or in the Child Study process.
To stay up to date: LIKE us on Facebook.com/loudounseac, visit our website at www.lcps.org/seac, and sign up for our email subscriptions at http://eepurl.com/3q9TL. You can also follow us on Twitter at: @lcps_seac
- The content of the links provided on this website are not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked home page content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of the webmaster. Remember that the outside source web page may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.