NEXT SCHEDULED SEAC MEETINGS:
March 26 (Tues), 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Panera on Greenway Corporate Drive
SEAC Business Meeting
April 3 (Wed), 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
LCPS Administration Building
We are excited to announce that the call for nominations for the
2019 Recognition for Excellence in Supporting Special Education awards is open! The nomination form can be submitted online here: www.lcps.org/2019SEACAwards and must be submitted by Friday, March 29, 2019.
** Please mark your calendars for May 15, 6:30 - 8:00pm for this wonderful event! **
Special Education Advisory Committee
The Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) works with the School Board, administrators, parents and teachers who are responsible for students receiving special education services.What SEAC Does:
* Advise LCPS of the needs of students with disabilities;
* Assist LCPS in the development of long-range plans, which will provide needed services for children with disabilities;
* Submit reports and recommendations regarding the education of students with disabilities to the School Board; and
* Review annually the LCPS updated special education plan and application for federal funding.
How We Do It:
* Informative presentations for parents and educators at the monthly meetings;
* Recognition for Excellence in Supporting Special Education Awards Program.
* Invites each school to appoint a SEAC representative.
* Host a bi-annual Town Hall Meeting to receive input from parents and caregivers, which assists SEAC to assess the needs of LCPS students with disabilities. The next Town Hall will be held in the Spring of 2015.When Are SEAC Meetings?
Meetings are held from 7pm to 9pm at the Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Offices, 2100 Education Court, Ashburn. There is a presentation at each meeting of interest to parents, staff, and educators. Please check the website at www.lcps.org, click “parents”, then select "Special Education Advisory Committee" to view the current meeting and presentation schedule or click here.Parents are encouraged to reach out to the Parent Resource Center, www.lcps.org/prc, to learn about upcoming programs and workshops of interest to the disability community and to seek information about LCPS special education programs and services. This is a wonderful parent resource and parents are urged to utilize the PRC.
J. Michael Lunsford SEAC Representative: Jennifer Gauvreau (SEAC@jmlpta.org)
The representative will provide monthly updates in the PTA newsletter alerting you to events and activities of special interest to the JML disability community. Additionally, JML hosts quarterly parent coffees on valuable topics for parents of students with IEPs, 504s, and/or in the Child Study process.
To stay up to date: LIKE us on Facebook.com/loudounseac, visit our website at www.lcps.org/seac, and sign up for our email subscriptions at http://eepurl.com/3q9TL. You can also follow us on Twitter at: @lcps_seacThe content of the links provided on this website are not controlled by Loudoun County Public Schools. While school staff review links when they are inserted, the content may change. If you find any linked home page content you consider inappropriate, please bring the matter to the attention of the webmaster. Remember that the outside source web page may link to other pages that have not been reviewed; explore at your own risk.