an association for marketing education students
WHAT IS DECA?
DECA’s objective is to support the development of marketing and management skills in career areas such as hospitality, finance, sales and service, business administration, and entrepreneurship. DECA encourages young entreprenuers to pursue and enhance their interpersonal and business professional skills.
Tuscarora DECA strives to develop a brand representative of well-rounded high school students who exemplify character and professionalism, to become widely recognized in the local community, and compete successfully at the district, state, and international levels.
Any student enrolled in a marketing course is eligible to become a DECA member. Marketing courses at Tuscarora High School include the following:
- Introduction to Business & Marketing
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing
- Marketing Non-Co-op
- Advanced Marketing Non-Co-op
**The mission of DECA is to prepare emerging leaders and entrepreneurs in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.**
See your marketing teacher for more information
John Regan– Room 308
2023-2024 Competition Dates:
- District Leadership Conference (DLC) - December 2, 2023 Briar Woods High School
- State Leadership Conference (SLC) - March 1-3, 2024: Virginia Beach, VA
- International Career and Development Conference (ICDC) - April 26-May 1, 2024: Anaheim, CA
National DECA Website: http://www.deca.org/
Virginia DECA Website: http://www.vadeca.org/