Email firstname.lastname@example.orgAllergy Form This form is due to Mrs. O'Connor at the beginning of each semester before the students are allowed in the kitchen to cook with the class.
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the Family and Consumer Sciences Department at Stone Hill Middle School. I am excited that you will be part of our learning experiences this semester. This course is designed to develop responsible and positive attitudes relative to the students’ role in society. Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) is an exploratory program with activities created to implement life experiences.
Family and Consumer Sciences support the related Virginia Standards of Learning (SOLs) for English, mathematics, science and technology. Through lab experiences and simulated activities, your child will have a unique opportunity to achieve and learn using higher order thinking. Emphasis on writing skills and reading strategies will be incorporated to meet the course objectives.
I look forward to working with you and your child this semester as we meet life’s challenges in school, work, and at home. Your support and encouragement are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
I can be reached at the school’s main office (703-957-4420) or email@example.com
Classroom Guidelines and Expectations
1. You are responsible for your behavior. Any action that jeopardizes or puts anyone in harm’s way is prohibited.
2. Be on time. Enter the classroom quietly. Locate your folder, sit at your assigned table and seat The teacher, not the bell, will dismiss you at the end of class.
3. Bring all supplies to class each day. Know what you need for the class.
· SHMS agenda, Chrome Book
· Pen or pencil
4. Respect the rights, property and space of others.
Talk only when appropriate. Follow ALL safety rules and procedures at all times.
5. Be responsible for you. Do your own work and give 100% effort. If absent, you must see the teacher to get the needed information.
6. If you need to leave the class, please fill out your agenda and your teacher will sign you out of class. If you don’t have your agenda, please fill out a scrap piece of paper and your teacher will sign you out of class.
Homework, Absences and Make up work
· If a student is in class and uses his/her time wisely, there is generally no homework.
Grades will follow the standard for Loudoun County and will be determined by the following:
· Laboratory experiences
· Tests, quizzes and projectsRe-Take PolicyThe FACS department follows the Stone Hill Middle School Re-take Policy. Re-take PolicyDiscipline PolicyStudents are expected to follow all classroom rules and guidelines. If a student has been warned several times an alternative assignment will be given, a possible removal of a food lab or lunch detention.