Friday, June 11th
7:00 P.M.Eagle Bank Arena (formerly Patriot Center)
George Mason UniversityCaps and gowns: Questions about caps, gowns, announcements and other graduation items should be directed to Balfour by phone at 703-941-1436 or by email at email@example.com.The senior fee is $100.00 and includes the cap and gown, stole, diploma cover, graduation programs, graduation expenses, and senior picnic. The senior fee is payable to Balfour.
Graduation Day: Graduation ceremonies will begin promptly at 7:00 at Eagle Bank Arena. Tickets are not required for this event - there is no limit to the number of guests you may bring. For directions to Eagle Bank Arena, please click here.For Graduates:
Students should plan to arrive at Eagle Bank Arena between 6:15 and 6:30 and will be expected to line up NO LATER THAN 6:45. Remember to account for traffic when planning your trip. Students, please enter Eagle Bank Arena at the loading dock entrance.
Students are to wear semi-formal attire that is appropriate for the occasion (i.e. dress shirt, tie, dress shoes, pant suits, dresses, etc.). Students may NOT wear jeans, flip flops, shorts, pajama bottoms, or any non-regulated items on their graduation caps or gowns (i.e. corsages, flowers, lettering, etc.).
- Arena doors will open one hour prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Parking is available at Eagle Bank Arena. Please follow the directions of the traffic marshals when entering the parking lots. Accessible parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Handicapped parking is available outside the South Entry. There is a drop-off area available at the West entry. All main entries are wheelchair accessible; there are no steps or elevators. There is ample accessible seating reserved.
- ASL interpreters are available for the ceremony. If you require this service, please let the ushers at Eagle Bank Arena know. They will direct you to the reserved seats.
- Only school personnel and graduates will be allowed onto the arena floor.
Use of still and video cameras are allowed, but guests may only film from their seats. Standing in aisles and portals is prohibited.
Eagle Bank Arena prohibits the use of noisemakers, air horns, beach balls, and helium balloons.
Eagle Bank Arena will provide a flower vendor for patrons to purchase bouquets. They will be located on the concourse.
Guests can meet graduates outside the South Entrance immediately following the ceremony.